Wednesday, February 15, 2012

New schedule

I have to say I have been avoiding posting lately because I have been feeling rather unmotivated and I am not sure why. It is silly to not just write about that stuff too because it is a natural part of life and this training....motivation going up...and down.
That said I have decided to follow my original Hal Higdon app that I purchased for the next 12 weeks and it began on Monday. It felt slightly like going backwards since the length of the runs are shorter than what I was doing but the plan is written by a very experienced champion runner so I am just going to trust the program. It includes strength & stretch days, running days and cross training days.

Here is my schedule for this week:


  • Monday - strength & stretch, I am using the Nike Training Club app for these workouts and doing it at home
  • Tuesday - run 4.8km
  • Wednesday- crosstrain, I am doing kickboxing (eeek!)
  • Thursday - run 4.8km
  • Friday - bootcamp
  • Saturday - rest
  • Sunday - run 6.4km

Months and months ago I bought a groupon-y type thing for a kickboxing gym. I just realized it expires in April and it is for 20 classes so I decided to register and my first class is tonight. I am super nervous! It looks like it is at an actual kickboxing gym (as opposed to a cardio kickboxing class at a gym) and is seeming slightly intimidating but we will see!

No comments:

Post a Comment