Thursday, November 24, 2011

week 1 day 2

ugh. babe's molars coming in did not make for a super restful sleep last night and 6:00 felt very early this morning. of course the fact that it is dark and wet out doesn't help. but day 2 is done and i felt way better for having done it.

i have been trying not to let myself think past the distance i am doing now...it is too daunting! of course it is months away and i will be working my way up slowly but imagining running for 2 and 1/2 hours* is a little crazy when currently i am quite glad when my 20 minutes are up!

another runner waved at me today as he passed by. maybe it's like the boat wave at the cottage, a mandatory gesture. "hello i am up very early too, dodging branches and puddles on the sidewalk in my tight pants".

i like how to be a runner, you just have to go out your front door and.....run! there. now you are a runner. old pros are giving you the head nod and wave as if you have been doing this for years.

*i completely guessed at that time...i have absolutely no idea how long it will take me!


my sweet little darling teething boy is a year and a half today! how that is possible i do not know, but i can certainly not imagine a day in my life without him. love, love, love.




No comments:

Post a Comment