Wednesday, November 30, 2011

half way through the week

Yesterday I had to do my run in the evening. I prefer to get it done in the morning...when I am half asleep and I don't really know what is happening. Also it was raining. Not a big surprise in Vancouver in November. (today was so gorgeous so I can't really complain) I ran past a coffee shop and was looking in at the people all warm and dry and drinking tea, and eating cake. It looked nice. I also saw some people look at me like "are you crazy? running in the rain, in the dark?" But it made me smile because I was one of those people not so long ago. But now I am a person who is going to follow this plan for the next 5 or 6 months so I can run this race and not have to duck out somewhere and collapse along the way.

I made it to bootcamp this morning and it was really good. I really like being pushed like that and knowing it is only an hour and I can make it through. We did some punching today and I think I better take some boxing classes. I think I would love it! I need to do some serious stretching. I think a good yoga DVD is needed. Maybe the library has one.

Just finished a tasty dinner of roasted veggies and baked sole on spinach with pesto. It has been so nice the past week or so that Arlo has been eating everything again! We were on a toast, yogurt, banana diet there for awhile. Hopefully I didn't jinx it!

Lastly, I am addicted to some delicious pumpkin spice rooibos tea. It was a birthday treat from a friend and I have one cup's worth left. I have to get some more, it is the perfect thing in the evenings lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment